Representing the fourth-generation of soil cell development, the StrataCell was developed 2007 and is manufactured in North America. The StrataCell provides a large module with more space for extensive root growth in large-canopy trees.
Working in collaboration with other industry leaders, StrataCell structural soil cell was built upon successful trials and projects that were also aimed at reducing installation and transport costs, and improving the module’s robust strength. Built to advanced engineering specifications to support greater vertical loads, StrataCell brings tree-root systems closer to sidewalk surfaces. Engineers have calculated that with only 12″ (300mm) of granular sidewalk depth, a StrataCell matrix can support maximum pedestrian and sidewalk traffic loads. With vertical and lateral forces also considered in the engineering make-up of tree pits, StrataCell’s well-designed matrix units lock together well, forming a monolithic framework with excellent modular strength. Highly secure connectors allow for StrataCell modules to click together fast and simply. Its open and skeletal structure provides an enormous growth zone for delicate root systems and storm water harvesting, with an excess of 94% of the soil volume allocated for tree-root growth. These high soil-volume tree pits are distinctly more advantageous, as optimum conditions for nature and nurture are recreated for trees to live and flourish. StrataCell apertures are built to generous specifications, permitting common conduits, service pipes and aeration mechanisms to be incorporated into the structure’s design.
- Designed to support enormous vertical as well as lateral loads
- Excellent modular strength
- Integrated matrix means modules are simple and fast to click together
- In excess of 94% of total soil volume is available for tree-root growth
- Generously designed apertures permit common conduits, service pipes and aeration systems
- Significant volume reduction for freight and lower transport costs
- Made from 100% post-industrial waste material
|SC250-30 (30 Series)||20″ (500mm)||20″ (500mm)||10″ (250mm)||300 kPa|
|SC250-60 (60 Series)||20″ (500mm)||20″ (500mm)||10″ (250mm)||600 kPa|