GrassRings were the world’s first load-bearing structural soil modules, developed in 1992. This system was the model for all future soil cells. Now, GrassRings & GravelRings are used as a structural grid system to stabilize and reinforce grass or gravel.
The GrassRings turf reinforcement system will prevent compaction of the root zone resulting in a grass trafficable surface. Compaction of the top 1” (30mm) of soil underneath grass must be prevented. If this layer becomes compacted, grass roots are unable to obtain necessary oxygen, moisture and nutrients from the soil causing the grass to suffocate and die. GrassRings will prevent this compaction from occurring. Similarly, GravelRings is a unique concept in gravel stabilization for driveways and paths. Loose aggregate surfacing is a highly popular and cost effective method of creating an attractive hard landscape finish to paths, gravel driveways and parking areas. The porous nature of loose aggregate or gravel makes a valuable contribution to a sustainable urban draining system, as well as being a lower cost alternative to bound gravels or other porous hard landscape surfaces. The GravelRings structural soil support system is a gravel stabilization grid that controls the issues caused by loose gravel, such as gravel migration and rutting, difficulty in walking, cycling, or pushing small wheeled vehicles. GravelRings is a simple and efficient way to create a 100% permeable stable gravel surface that will remain looking good for years to come.
- Open grid provides over 90% root development area and 100% grass cover.
- Grid is flexible – will follow undulations.
- Manufactured from 100% recycled chemical resistant UV stabilized impact resistant polymer.
- Supplied in 500mm x 500mm or 1000mm x 1000mm clip together panels.
- Curves can be laid with minimum wastage as joints can be staggered and panels easily cut to follow borders.
- Grass roots can grow laterally between the rings without hindrance.
- The ring design is the strongest shape for grass paving in that it has no weak corners. Grassrings has been independently tested to sustain loads of 500 tonnes per square metre with no sign of failure.
- Can be supplied in custom size rolls for fast installation.
|40″ (1m)||40″ (1m)||1″ (25mm)||Pedestrian to Heavy-Truck Parking|
|40″ (1m)||40″ (1m)||1.2″ (30mm)||Pedestrian to Heavy-Truck Parking|