The GreenBlue Urban RootSpace® system is essentially a soil support system – designed for maximum soil and rooting volume, to be ‘utility friendly’, with economic freight and industry leading strength characteristics.
In 2001, GreenBlue Urban produced the world’s first purpose made commercial structural soil cell for urban tree planting. Since that time, thousands of trees have benefited and continue to benefit, from access to uncompacted soil volumes – beneath heavily engineered pavements and roadways.
RootSpace® is the next generation soil protection product, developed by GreenBlue Urban to reduce cost, cut down installation time, and incorporate industry leading soil aeration methodology – a vital and often overlooked component in tree pit design.
RootSpace 400 |
RootSpace G2 is a world class product redesigned to further increase the load bearing capacity and will allow simpler / faster assembly and soil filling characteristics. For full specification including loading – scroll down to specification area.
- Interlocking System
- Integrates with other ArborSystem products
- Open structure
- Unique lid design creating air gap over soil
- Allows for a variety of tree pit depths
- Interlocking recycled material panels give huge strength
- Open structure – fast filling and class leading soil void ratio – more soil for the tree
- Fast installation reduces labour costs
- Less plastic – reduces costs
- Unique patented Airflow lid – encourages movement of air allowing the soil to breathe
- Excellent space provision for integrating utilities
- Lid designed to allow fast re-excavation for utility emergencies
- Open lattice – high strength but maximum soil space
|GBURAC600A||RootSpace 600 Upright||600mm||500mm||90mm||260kPa|
|GBURAC500A||RootSpace Airflow Lid||75mm||500mm||500mm|
|GBURSP65A||RootSpace 600 Infill||527mm||334mm||40mm|
|GBURAC400B||RootSpace 400 Upright||400mm||500mm||75mm||410kPa|
|GBURAC500B||RootSpace Airflow Lid||75mm||500mm||500mm|
|GBURSP45PB||RootSpace 400 Infill||327mm||334mm||40mm|
|Material||100% recycled HDPE|
|Manufacture location||Injection moulded in UK|
*subject to paving build up / layerworks depths, materials and construction methods